Well Im still being textiles... I shall post some on here soon...
Its reading week at the mo.... translation half term, havent been in at all... but surprisingly I have done some work.
Not by choice of course, but we have to hand in a draft of our essays, on Tuesday next, So it seemed a good idea to do some really. I am appallingly bad at essays but actually don't hate them as much as you would suppose. I'm also dyslexic, which I wasnt going to tell you about really, but explains my lack of capitals and the occasional missing off of the ends of words, which I think I have typed but haven't. Being lazy... I'm not terribly fond of re-reading....
Anyway, back to the essay. It's on a work by John Everette Millais, called Mariana. Luckily we got to chose, within a timescale. I'm not allowed to draw Pre-Raphaelite type females at uni, Not sure why. But the tutors don't like them or think that I am rubbish at them... which is a shame , because I rather like drawing attractive females as opposed to ugly creatures that apparently are far more contemporary. I will add one of mine to here, because I like them and this is my blog so I can do what I like on here lol. Also this is the reason I am doing textiles... I find it hard to create things which i really dont like .... and ... surprisingly, I am really enjoying embroidery at the moment... You can draw in stitch... wonder if I could get away with drawing a female in stitch.... It could be my transcription. (we have to transcribe the subject of our essay for workshop...)...
Maybe... once i have failed... or scraped through with my essay... I shall post it here... you can see how I'm not good at this...
No comments:
Post a Comment